AUGUST 16 – Afternoon Workshop ‘Introduction to the Writers Retreat’
This Workshop is an introductory to .. How to turn your love of WRITING into a career as an AUTHOR! Whether you just love writing or you are thinking of writing a book, actually writing a book (of any stage of completion) or if you dream of writing a book someday, this *INTRODUCTION TO WRITING* workshop is for you.
Where: THE MIRACLE STUDIO, 13 Woodlands Drive, Thornlands
When: Saturday August 16, 2014 Time: 1pm – 5pm
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $55 (Pay by July 11) or $99 after this special ends!
TO BOOK .. simply email firstname.lastname@example.org (Payment made via Direct Deposit)
We will show you how to turn your writing hobby into a career as an author by pondering the following questions with you:
*Who am I writing for? *What am I writing? *When will I begin / finish writing?
*Why am I writing? *Are you writing for your own pleasure? *Are you writing to get a ‘publishing deal’ (are you even sure you know what that term means or involves)? *Are you writing to inspire others?
During this introductory HALF DAY WORKSHOP (a ‘lead in’ workshop to the 7 day luxury ‘Authors Way Residential Retreat’ facilitated by Maria and Scott on the Gold Coast, QLD), we will touch on the TRUTH AND ETHICS of the publishing industry (the good, bad and ugly), how to pitch a manuscript, what it REALLY means to be ‘offered a contract’ (the real difference between being self-published, vanity-published and published).
Over these Intensive 4 hours, Scott and Maria will be available to answer your direct questions about anything to do with being published or becoming a professional writer .. all in order to help you become the inspired author you always dreamed of.
About ANIMAL DREAMING PUBLISHING: Animal Dreaming Publishing is an Australian family owned assisted self-publishing company based. With a preference for Australian authors, Animal Dreaming Publishing favours the mind-body-spirit, family, fiction and general non-fiction genres. At Animal Dreaming Publishing we vow to help you transform your raw manuscript into a professionally published book. We offer a variety of packages with varying levels of services that will see your work presented at the highest quality. www.animaldreamingpublishing.com
• Have you always dreamed of having a spare week to do nothing but focus on your writing and your creative self?
• Have you ever dreamed of hiring a private mansion in an exotic location so that you can write without interruption, like they do in the movies?
• And have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a private coach (or two) who just happens to be a best-selling published author there with you, to guide your growth and development as a writer, every step of the way?
Well, here’s your chance!
Picture this: Seven full days on Queensland’s beautiful Gold Coast in a water-front luxury mansion with nothing to do but write, relax, eat good food, write, swim, write, rest, write, write … with internationally published authors, Maria Elita (author of ‘The Miracle’ and the ‘Naked Entrepreneur) and Scott Alexander King (author of Animal Dreaming, Animal Dreaming Oracle Cards and the World Animal Dreaming Oracle Cards)
Please note: this retreat is strictly limited to 10 PARTICIPANTS ONLY
Where: Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Qld (as the venue is a privately owned mansion, the exact address will be given closer to the event)
When: Sunday November 24 – Sunday December 1, 2013
Registration: 9am – 10am Sunday November 24
Checkout: 9am Sunday December 1, immediately after breakfast
Cost: $3550 per person. Price includes accommodation, all activities and three professionally catered meals a day.
Payment: Payment is by direct deposit only. Please email Maria for the bank details.
• Deposit: A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required at time of booking to secure your place at the retreat.
• Payment Plan can be organised, please email for details.
To book: email Maria
phone 02 6680 9899
Please email us if you would like to see our Cancellation Policy on the event.
The daily creative writing exercises facilitated by Maria and Scott are designed to build your confidence as a writer and your skills as an author. You will write every day during this luxury retreat, with each session focusing on a different approach, topic and theme.
Writers of all levels are welcome to attend this retreat. Whether you yearn to be a published author someday or you simply want to write for your own pleasure, or your friends and family, our goal is to help you trust your creativity and unique writing voice, to silence the inner ‘writing critic’ and to get you to the point where you believe in yourself as a writer, no matter how new you are to the art.
During the retreat, each participant will enjoy a one-on-one mentoring chat with either Maria or Scott. Participants will enjoy guest presenters who will speak on a variety of inspiring topics designed to help you unlock your writer-potential and remove all hint of writer’s block. Mealtime will also offer a wonderful opportunity to chat with Maria and Scott and the other participants about the life of the author.
All participants will receive:
• A beautiful writer’s journal to keep
• A beautiful pen with which to start your writing career
• Opportunity to submit their manuscripts for consideration
Our Luxury Venue offers a truly inspiring and magical environment to explore our creativity.
A short 15 minute walk to the heart of Broadbeach and its popular restaurants, casino, cafes and beautiful beaches, our 5 star north facing, waterfront mansion offers:
• open plan living, dining and designer kitchen
• oversized alfresco dining area
• sparkling in-ground pool
• pool table
• private cinema
• pontoon and a private sandy beach
• full air-conditioning throughout
There are four twin-share bedrooms upstairs: two with a shared en-suite and two that share a full bathroom with the fifth twin-share bedroom located downstairs. There is also a powder room downstairs.
This designer kitchen, with its Miele appliances and Induction cooking, comes complete with an in-built coffee machine.
A private chef will be there to cater delicious and healthy gourmet meals. Vegetarian, low fat and Gluton-free dietary requirements will be taken into consideration. If you have other dietary requirements, please let us know.
Relax in the private Gold Star Cinema complete with reclining seats where a selection of inspiring and motivational movies will be available. For the child-within, Foxtel is included, as well as a PlayStation 3, pool table and iPod docking sound system.
Outside offers an expansive waterfront entertaining area complete with BBQ, outdoor kitchen and in-ground pool. There is also a lovely sandy beach with your own pontoon to sit, ponder, create and meditate on your next book.
• We suggest you arrive at the Gold Coast the night before the retreat is to start, and stay in a hotel on the Gold Coast (at your expense)
• We will organise to pick you up from either the Gold Coast Airport or your hotel (within the Gold Coast area) that will see you safely delivered to the venue the morning the retreat is due to start.
• Please phone 02 6680 9899 to organise your pickup and transfer to the retreat venue.
• Transfers from the venue to the Gold Coast Airport or a Gold Coast hotel will also be available on completion of the retreat.
Every morning, before breakfast, Maria will take you through a Miracle Meditation, to help you unlock any writer’s block, plus set you up for the day of being creative and writing.
This retreat is not just about ‘learning to write’, just as it’s not only about honing your skills as a writer. This retreat is designed to help you understand what it means to live the ‘writer’s lifestyle’. To do this, we will share with you how to create your own writer’s nook; a sacred grove where your creativity is free to flow. We will encourage you as you learn to face and destroy the inherent limitations that hinder you from becoming the author you were always meant to be, and we will nurture your creativity all day, every day so that you can fully embrace a realistic understanding of ‘the Author’s Way’.
And in the process of embracing the ‘Author’s Way, you will also learn things about the Publishing Industry that you might never learn on your own. Scott and Maria will share their own personal experiences, for example, by telling their stories: the good, the bad and the ugly.
Learn about the pros and cons of being published:
• How to properly submit a manuscript
• Your chances of being ‘picked up’ by a publishing house
• Advances and Royalties
• Publishing Contracts
• Distribution – Getting your books into shops and overseas
• Copyright and protecting yourself as an author
• Promotion and Publicity
And learn about the pros and cons of being SELF-published
Learn how to turn your writing hobby into a career as an author by asking yourself:
• Who am I writing for?
• What am I writing?
• When will I begin / finish writing?
• Why am I writing?
For example, are you writing for your own pleasure? Are you writing to get a publishing deal (do you really know what a publishing deal is or what the term means)? Or are you writing to inspire others?
Learn how to effectively promote yourself as an author by establishing a profile, getting your work ‘out there’, building an audience, and marketing and branding yourself and earning an income from your writing, both short term and long term.
Apart from that, though, during this retreat you will learn about:
• the difference between ‘creating’ and ‘editing’
• the importance of writing every day (even if it’s only for 30 mins)
• why it’s important for a book to ‘feel good’ in your hands
• how your favourite author can inspire your own writing
• how to overcome writer’s block (walk away, etc)
• intuitive writing; using your gut instinct as a writer when it comes to editing, etc
• what your writing routine is as a writer (mood, environment, etc)
• writers tips (re-reading, printing out, relaxation, etc)
• the four main archetypes that make a writer (what archetype are you?)
• the four main motives that inspire all writers (what motivates you as a writer?)
• the four methods that govern all writers (what method do you tend to use as a writer?)
• the four questions that all writers need to ask to anchor their intentions
• the four seasons and how they energetically influence all writers (what season energetically rules and inspires you as a writer?)
• the four influences that can help explain the muses or blocks that affect all writers
• the daily tasks that all writers might do to ensure creativity and flow
• some activities designed to abolish your inherent fears as a writer; fears that tend to hamper creativity and block us as writers
Maria and Scott believe that ‘all writing and no play, makes Johnny the author a dull boy’!
So to prevent this retreat becoming just another boring ‘writer’s retreat’ we are going to unblock your creativity by injecting some fun and liberating activities into the program that will force you out of your comfort zone. These exciting activities include:
• Jet Skiing with a licensed jet-ski operator and professional speedway racing car driver around the Spit on the Gold Coast (weather depending for safety reasons)
• A private tour of the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise in a chauffeured stretched ‘Party Hummer’, which will include and a night on the town.
What to bring to this unique retreat:
• Sunglasses and sunscreen
• Beach towel, swimmers and beach wear
• Smart casual evening wear (for when we go out for dinner in the Hummer)
• Two paper copies of your existing manuscripts (you don’t need to have a manuscript to attend the retreat)
• Pens, pads and other writing materials
• A selection (minimum of three titles) of books by your favourite author(s)
About your hosts, Maria Elita and Scott Alexander King
Ever since Maria Elita was a little girl she had a dream to write books. Today her dream has become a reality. Maria Elita is an internationally published author, with books being published in both the new age/motivational arena and also business (book titles are ‘The Miracle’ and ‘The Naked Entrepreneur’). Also she has e-book credits to her name, including ‘Intuition Tuition’ which has had over 30,000 downloads and changed the lives of many. It is her wish now to help wanna-be authors manifest and create their legacy in the world. You can read more about Maria by visiting www.mariaelita.com
Scott Alexander King has always loved books. For Scott, there is nothing more nostalgic than the smell of an old, well-read book. Being an author is one of the most rewarding things has Scott has done with his life, besides marrying his beloved wife and fathering his three children. For him, knowing that he has left a legacy through the written word, not just for his children, but the children of all people, is the reason he writes every day. Scott is the best-selling author of four books (‘Animal Dreaming’, ‘Animal Messenger’, ‘Earth Mother Dreaming’ and ‘Indigo Children and Cheeky Monkeys’), three Oracle Decks (the ‘Animal Dreaming Oracle’, ‘World Animal Dreaming Oracle’ and the ‘Creature Teacher Cards’) and three CDs (‘Healing with the Animals’, ‘Meet your Power Animal’ and ‘Celebrating Australia’s Wheel of Life’). Besides raising awareness about the world’s animals and the true nature of our children, Scott is also passionate about encouraging blossoming writers become realised authors. You can read about Scott and his life’s work by visiting www.animaldreaming.com .